The Tuition Rebate Incentive Plan (TRIP) is an exciting opportunity for families to accumulate credit specifically to reduce their tuition. Enrollment is available to:
- Current School Families
- Families who plan to send their children to SCCS in the future,
- Individuals who would like to participate on behalf of an SCCS family,
- Individuals who would like to participate to earn credit for our Tuition Assistance program, and
- Churches interested in accumulating credit for their Christian Education Fund.
Through the physical gift card program, bulk quantities of gift cards/certificates from grocery and retail stores are purchased at a discount. The certificates are then sold to participating families at face value. The discount received is passed on to the family in the form of tuition credit. Here is an example:
A family submits an order on Monday for $100 in Jewel gift cards. Their order and check are processed and on Thursday that family receives $100 in gift cards. The family receives a 4% discount for Jewel and this 4% (or $4.00) is applied to the ordering family account as tuition credit.
This example represents a yearly savings of $208 (just on groceries) if gift cards are ordered each week. Combine these earnings with purchases made for over 150 participating merchants available through TRIP and the savings can really add up!
There are 40 voucher merchants participating as well. TRIP voucher purchases do not require you to buy gift cards in advance. At the time of making a purchase, a voucher form is presented to the merchant. The merchant completes the form and remits a check to TRIP for the amount of tuition credit earned. It is then applied to your account.
Each April and October, statements are sent to participating families advising them of the tuition credit they earned. Credit may be deducted from future tuition payments. TRIP operates on a weekly basis during the school year with the exception of school holidays, and typically it operates bi-weekly during the summer. See the events calendar below for our operating schedule. Orders must be deposited at any school office on Mondays by 8:30 am. The orders are processed and are available for pick-up on Thursday afternoons or can be sent home with your student.
TRIP now offers 3 ways for families to earn tuition credit:
- Traditional physical gift card program --turn in your white ordering envelope at any campus by 8:30 a.m. on processing days (normally every Monday)
- Online ordering of physical gift cards--log in to your Scrip Manager account to order physical gift cards (See Online Ordering on the right)
- Digital Gift Cards --Raise Right Fundraising eGift cards is a mobile app that allow you to earn tuition credit with digital gift cards from your mobile device